- Tips for Parents - Tooth decay is the number one chronic infectious disease among children so focusing on prevention (ie good home oral hygiene) is key to keeping away the cavities.
- Halloween - Trick-or-Treating is fun but remember to make the best treat choices for healthy teeth.
- Holiday Habits - The holiday break is a great time to help your kids establish and maintain healthy dental habits.
- Tooth Trauma - Active kids are susceptible to tooth trauma so use this highly-visual, easy-to-follow guide so family members, coaches, and babysitters know what to do should a tooth be chipped or knocked out.
Online Dental Education Library
Our Ada Pediatric Dentistry team strives to improve the overall health of our patients by focusing on preventing, diagnosing and treating conditions associated with your child's teeth and gums. Please use our dental library to learn more about dental problems and treatments available. If you have questions or need to schedule an appointment, contact us.
Many treatments are used to treat teeth that are discolored, chipped, misshaped, or missing. Cosmetic surgery can reshape teeth, close gaps, restore worn or short teeth, and even change the length of teeth.
- Bonding - tooth-colored material used to fill in gaps or change the color of teeth.
- Veneers - material placed over the front teeth to change color or shape of teeth. Veneers are used on teeth with uneven surfaces or are chipped, discolored, oddly shaped, unevenly spaced or crooked.
- Contouring and reshaping - a procedure to correct crooked teeth, chipped teeth, cracked teeth or even overlapping teeth.
I can help you evaluate which techniques should be used to improve your child's smile. Major factors taken into consideration include the overall health of her teeth and the final desired result you want. When consulting with us on cosmetic dentistry options, think about these questions:
- What type of maintenance will be required?
- What should the changes look like?
- What can I expect through the course of treatment?